Update on Teaching Positions for 2015-16:
The school has completed its external hiring of teachers for August 2015. Thank you to those who indicated an interest in working at ISS. You are welcome to check back in late autumn of 2015 to inquire about potential openings for 2016-17. ISS typically has very few openings, which is beneficial for the continuity of our students and our school, but unfortunate for the many fine candidates wishing to be considered for work in Stavanger.
General Employment Information for Teachers
When full-time or part-time teaching posts come up, they are posted first in Norway through www.nav.no.
Then, typically, ISS is represented at international teaching recruitment fairs sponsored by the Council of International Schools in London in January and International School Services in the United States in February.
General minimum requirements to be considered for teaching posts include:
- An earned Bachelor's Degree with a preference of a Master’s Degree
- Current PGCE, State Teaching Certification, or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to use technology to support learning
- Two years of teaching experience
- Candidates for teaching posts must also either have, or be eligible to apply for, approval of their teaching qualifications through NOKUT, the Education Directorate or both (as appropriate).
- The successful candidate for each position will be required to submit a police statement, following Norwegian law.
- For teaching positions, the school can ONLY consider applicants with earned university degrees, current teaching qualifications and school teaching certification. Individuals without those qualifications are respectfully asked not to apply as they cannot be considered for teaching posts.
Applications for posted openings should be scanned into one PDF attachment and sent to GJones@isstavanger.no.
ISS also accepts applications from local applicants for substitute/supply teaching. Please note that the school only draws substitute/supply teachers from the talent already legally resident in the Stavanger Region. English fluency is a requirement for all substitute teaching opportunities. Candidates must attend an orientation session at the school and have legal Norwegian residency. The school cannot assist those who wish to be a substitute in gaining Norwegian residency. Send letter of intent, resume/CV for substitute/supply teaching electronically to GJones@isstavanger.no
The International School of Stavanger, Norway seeks a Temporary Helpdesk Manager until 10 June 2016.
Send letter of intent and resume/CV electronically to David Beaty (Director of Technology) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, several scams relating to non-existent teaching jobs at the International School of Stavanger have circulated on the Internet in past years. They have included information taken from our official website, which is www.isstavanger.no The school makes every effort to stop such scams, and actively works with the authorities to prevent them. Candidates should not use their valuable time in applying for jobs that are a part of a computer scam that has nothing to do with our school. The outlets that ISS typically uses to advertise positions are listed above. The school never charges candidates fees to apply. Should you be asked to pay something to apply for a job at our school or any other reputable international school, you should carefully consider what is being requested.